1. Please provide your name and address so that we may send you documentation for your Professional Development Hours.
State (Select State)AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutD.C.DelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming
2. Please enter your email address. (Required)
3. Select from the drop down list the date and location of the Professional Development Workshop you attended?
(Select Workshop attended)
May 17, 2004 -- Montclair State University, New Jersey
June 5, 2004 -- Hong Kong
October 13, 2004 -- New Jersey Science Convention, Somerset, New Jersey
October 15, 2004 -- Montclair State University, New Jersey
January 19, 2005 -- Oceanside High School, Oceanside, New York
January 26, 2005 -- Biology Teachers Association of New Jersey, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
May 20, 2005 -- Montclair State University, New Jersey
Fall 2004-Spring 2005 -- Epidemiology Education Partnership, Montclair State University, NJ
June 13-14, 2005 -- Little Rock, Arkansas
July 18-19, 2005 -- New Brunswick, New Jersey
November 18, 2005 -- Montclair State University, New Jersey
February 24, 2006 -- Montclair State University, New Jersey
March 11, 2006 -- Camden, New Jersey
April 1, 2006 -- Tulsa, Oklahoma
Spring 2006 -- Epidemiology Education Partnership, Montclair State University, New Jersey
4. Investigation taught (Complete one Report and Reflection for each Investigation taught.):
(Select Investigation taught)
Investigation 1-1: Why Are These Students Getting Sick?
Investigation 1-2: In The News
Investigation 1-3: What's My Hypothesis?
Investigation 1-4: The Case of Amy
Investigation 1-5: A Mysterious Ailment
Investigation 1-6: Concept Connections
Investigation 2-1: The 2 X 2 Table
Investigation 2-2: Compared To What?
Investigation 2-3: What's Wrong With This Picture?
Investigation 2-4: Backpacks and Back Pain
Investigation 2-5: Observational Studies
Investigation 2-6: The Journey
Investigation 2-7: Epi Team Challenge
Investigation 2-8: Which Design Is Best?
Investigation 2-9: Designs and Tables
Investigation 2-10: Concept Connections
Investigation 3-1: In The News
Investigation 3-2: Cause
Investigation 3-3: Chance
Investigation 3-4: Confounding
Investigation 3-5: Reversed Time Order
Investigation 3-6: Selection Bias
Investigation 3-7: Weighing The Evidence
Investigation 3-8: Concept Connections
Investigation 4-1: Risk Perception
Investigation 4-2: Acceptable Risk
Investigation 4-3: Acceptable Risk Considerations
Investigation 4-4: Risk Management Strategies
Investigation 4-5: Concept Connections
Investigation 5-1: Why Evaluate?
Investigation 5-2: How to Evaluate
Investigation 5-3: Evaluation Issues
Investigation 5-4: Evaluating an Actual Strategy
Investigation 5-5: Concept Connections
5. In what venue did you teach the Investigation?
(Select a Venue)
Summer Enrichment Program
Other (Please describe.):
Description if Other Venue:
6. What grade level were the learners? (Check all that apply.)
Other Grade (Please describe.):
Description if Other Grade:
7. To approximately how many learners did you teach the Investigation?
less than 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
more than 40
8. Approximately how long did it take to prepare to teach the Investigation?
less than 1 hour
1 - 2 hours
2 - 3 hours
3 - 4 hours
more than 4 hours
9. Did you use the PowerPoint Presentation Slides?
If "Yes", how did you use the PowerPoint Presentation Slides?
Used all slides directly from the Detectives web site.
Downloaded and used all slides from the Detectives web site.
Used selected slides directly from the Detectives web site.
Downloaded and used selected slides from the Detectives web site.
Other (Please Describe.):
Description if "Other":
10. Did you use the Epi Log Worksheet(s)?
11. What alterations, if any, did you make to the suggested way of teaching the Investigation?
12. How well do you think the Investigation helps
learners achieve your state and/or national standards?
13. Did you agree with the standards that were identified as being aligned with the Investigation?
14. If "No," what changes would you make?
15. Overall, how engaged were the learners in the Investigation?
16. Overall, how valuable was the Investigation?
17. Would you teach the Investigation again?
18. If you would teach the Investigation again, what additional alterations, if any, would you make the next time?
19. What advice would you give to a teacher who was considering teaching this Investigation?
20. Please write a reflection about your experience teaching the Investigation?
21. Did you have any problems navigating the website?
If "Yes", please describe.
Would you like to be included on our mailing list? (Optional)
Would you like to be notified of upcoming workshops? (Optional)