Research Academy for University Learning
What We're All About
We encourage, facilitate, and contribute to a faculty conversation about how university students learn, how we can best foster that learning, and how we and our students can best understand its nature and progress.
What's New and What's Coming for Spring 2015...
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! The 6th Annual University Teaching and Learning Showcase announces two special guest speakers! Dr. Mel Michelle Lewis, Assistant Professor, Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies at Goucher College, and Keynote Dr. Patrick Blessinger, Executive Director & Chief Research Scientist, International HETL Association, St. John's University. Learn more about their talks and workshops here: http://www.montclair.edu/academy/events/university-showcase/
- The Research Academy invites proposals for its 6th Annual University Teaching and Learning Showcase, to be held this year on May 8, 2015. More information and to access the full session descriptions, please visit: http://www.montclair.edu/academy/events/university-showcase/
- Faculty Teaching Circle dates are now posted. Please visit our page to learn more: http://www.montclair.edu/academy/events/teaching-circles/
- Spring 2015 faculty development workshops are now being confirmed. Topics will include Mindfulness Teaching and Learning, Using Study Guides to Engage and Improve Student Reading Strategies, and more...
- The 2014 University Teaching and Learning Showcase Materials and Resources are available here. Click here to access handouts, Powerpoint presentations.
- The 2015-2016 Engaged Teaching Fellows Program call for applications are now open! To learn more about the Fellowship program and how to apply, attend one of our information sessions and visit our web site here: http://www.montclair.edu/academy/engaged-teaching-fellows-program/
- To suggest your own event or program, and to provide feedback on programs and events you would like to see offered through the Research Academy, please click here to take our very brief (5 minutes) Needs Assessment Survey:
- September 22, 2014 - Annual Day of Mindfulness.
- May 2, 2014 - The 5th Annual University Teaching and Learning Showcase will be held on May 2, 2014. Learn more about the Showcase...
To access research, classroom activities and ongoing programs about the emerging practices of contemplative pedagogy, please visit...
The Teaching Times
The Research Academy publishes a bi-annual newsletter with original articles, events, and resources all directly related to engaging the higher education community on issues in teaching and learning.
Read the latest issue...