Montclair State University earned its Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) designation in March 2016 and, in doing so, became the largest four-year HSI designee in New Jersey. In celebration of Montclair State’s new status, and in keeping with our commitment to educating Hispanic students, the University is hosting a Hispanic Student College Institute for high school juniors and seniors (current Class of 2018 and Class of 2019 students) who identify as Hispanic.
- August 1-3, 2017
- Montclair State University
- Free. There is no cost to students for participating in the Institute.
As participants in the Institute, students will:
- Live on campus in a beautiful residence hall
- Engage in career exploration and goal setting initiatives
- Participate in workshops on topics related to the college search and application process, including mock interviews, creating a resume, making the most of your college visits, financial aid literacy and application essay writing
- Interact and network with Montclair State student leaders, faculty, staff and alumni
- Engage in discussions around social justice, issues facing the Hispanic community in New Jersey, and students’ concerns about college
- Hear from inspirational guest speakers and panelists
- Attend a college-fair style event to learn about Montclair State’s 300 majors, minors and concentrations
- Be eligible for scholarships
- Develop leadership and public speaking skills
- Earn a certificate of completion for inclusion on their resumes and college applications
The 2017 HSCI Application is now closed. Applicants will be notified about their acceptance by May 1st, 2017. To receive updates for the 2018 Hispanic Student College Institute, please sign up here.
For more information, contact Jordanna Maziarz, Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.