If you have outstanding grades and strong SAT scores, consider joining the University's Honor Program, a series of unique liberal arts seminars that satisfy general education requirements while providing a variety of meaningful living, social and learning experiences.
Montclair State combines the academic excellence of a large university with a strong student focus. With a student-to-faculty ratio of just 17:1, you'll have direct access to professors who are experts in their fields. Your interaction with these distinguished scholars is the foundation of your experience at Montclair State.
Combined Degree Programs
Combined degree programs offer you the opportunity to earn a master’s degree quickly and cost-effectively. Up to 12 credits of a program may be applied to both your undergraduate and graduate degrees—at undergraduate tuition rates. If you are on the right track from the start in your class sequence and GPA, you can be admitted to the graduate program in your junior year and won’t have to take the GRE.
We offer combined bachelor and master’s degree programs in the following fields of study:
- BS/MS in Aquatic and Coastal Sciences
- BS/MAT in Biology
- BS/MS or BS/MAT in Chemistry
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- BA/MAT in English
- BA/MAT in Family and Child Studies
- BA/MAT in Families, Children and School Settings
- BA/MAT in Fine Arts
- BA/MAT in Fine Arts Education
- BA/MAT in French
- BS/MAT in Geoscience
- BA/MAT in Linguistics
- BS/MS or BS/MAT in Mathematics
- BMus/MAT in Music
- BA/MAT in Philosophy
- BS/MAT in Physical Education
- BA/MA of BA/MAT in Psychology
- BA/MAT in Religious Studies
- BA/MAT in Sociology
- BA/MAT in Spanish
- BS/MS in Statistics
Joint Degree Programs
Montclair State has agreements with other area universities that allow high-achieving students to earn combined degrees. Please visit our website for details, GPA and other requirements.
- BS/medical degree in conjunction with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- BS/medical degree in conjunction with the New York Institute of Technology School of Osteopathic Medicine
- BS/PharmD in conjunction with Rutgers University
- BA (Jurisprudence/Pre-Law majors)/law degree from New York Law School
If you have outstanding grades and test scores, we may invite you to participate in our Honors Program. As an Honors student, you can choose from special Honors-only courses, and share in meaningful living, social and learning experiences.
Montclair State opens the door to a world of enriching, life-changing opportunities. You can choose to study abroad in more than 50 countries, from Argentina to Morocco to Switzerland. We offer year-long and semester-long study abroad and exchange programs, as well as short-term study abroad institutes led by our faculty during school breaks.