I Want Something New
When you visit our campus, you'll feel a buzz of excitement in the air. Montclair State students are meeting new people, enjoying new living and dining opportunities, and reaching out for the kind of experience that college is all about.
On any given day, you can:
- Explore new interests through more than 120 student organizations
- Work out in our dazzling new student recreation center
- Enjoy living and dining facilities that make you feel right at home
- Visit Yogi Berra Stadium, the on-campus home of baseball's New Jersey Jackals
- Get your Starbucks fix at Café Diem or tempt your taste buds 24/7 at the Red Hawk Diner
- Relax on the grass of the scenic QuadEnjoy exciting performances at the worldclass Alexander Kasser Theater—free with your student ID
- Feast your eyes on exciting exhibits at the George Segal Gallery
- Check out the shops, restaurants, museums, and cafés in our scenic neighboring towns
- Hop a train from two on-campus stations for a quick ride to the center of the world: New York City
With possibilities like this, it's no wonder that each year, the majority of our entering freshmen tell us that Montclair State was their first choice school. And, with competition keen for admission—last year 16,000 applicants vied for 2,100 spots—you'll be joining some of the best and the brightest students from around the country (and the world!) who know they belong here.
In 2011, Diverse Issues in Higher Education named Montclair State a "Top Degree Producer" in its ranking of institutions that confer the most degrees to minority students.