High School Students
Montclair State isn’t just about an exceptional education – although you will get that from any of our 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. It’s about the enriching and exciting experience of a vibrant campus life, from daily contact with world-class scholars to the friendships you’ll form with a diverse group of talented students.
Where do I start?
Are you currently or soon to be a senior? Register for a campus visit or virtual tour, so you can see for yourself all that we have to offer. We may also be coming to you! Ask your counselor to see when one of our admissions representatives might be visiting your high school. If not, it's never too early to start exploring why Montclair State is right for you! Take the first step in connecting with Montclair State University by completing our Online Inquiry Form to request more information and subscribe to ongoing information today.
Check out this important consumer information about Montclair State University. The New Jersey College Student and Parent Consumer Information Act requires each New Jersey four-year public college and university to display comprehensive information on the cost of attendance, the graduation rates of admitted students and the faculty of the institution.
Things to do before senior year:
- Take the PSATs and register for the SATs, as appropriate. (Learn about Montclair State's SAT/ACT Optional policy)
- Find out from your counselor about local college fairs.
- Consider who you will ask to write your letters of recommendation; reach out to them before the end of your junior year.
- Make a list of the qualities you're wanting in a university. Prioritize the "must haves."
- Begin to schedule campus tours. Visit your top choice schools throughout your junior year and the summer prior to senior year.
- Become familiar with application deadlines and requirements for schools in which you're interested.
- Investigate financial aid processes and information. Establish a potential budget for school costs.