Accounting Alumni Network
Accounting. It’s the language of business spoken by today’s business leaders – whether they’re analysts, investors, or managers.
We established an Accounting Advisory Task Force comprised of public and private Accounting alumni (and associated organizations) to provide us with perspective on trends and issues that our students need to be aware of as they prepare to enter the workforce. The Advisory Task Force includes the following:
- Joanne Barry '77, Executive Director, NY State Society of CPAs
- Lucia Capozzoli '83, Partner, Deloitte
- Keisha Hutchinson '02, Audit Senior Manager, KPMG
- Tom Lawless, Partner '90, E&Y
- Lidia Podyma, Vice President '02, Barclay’s Capital
- Melissa Sacchiero '98, Finance Director, BASF
- Paul Stahlin '74, Regional President, Fulton Bank
- Ralph Thomas, Executive Director, NJ Society of CPAs
News and Updates
Beginning in Fall 2013, the School of Business at Montclair State University began offering a 5-Year B.S./M.S. degree program in Accounting. Combining two popular and successful undergraduate and graduate programs, it prepares students for success in the accounting profession.
“The new 5-year program gives our students an advantage over students from other schools, “says Frank Aquilino, chair of the School of Business Department of Accounting, Law and Taxation.
By earning a dual degree in just five years, students will be better prepared for career success in a shorter period of time. While the new program does not require the GMAT exam for admission, it fully prepares students to become Certified Public Accountants. “In New Jersey, you can sit for the CPA exam with 120 course credits, but you do not receive your license until you have 150 credits. Students can obtain these credits with the new dual degree program,” explains Aquilino. Read more!