Student Engagement and Philanthropy Day
On February 27, Montclair State University joined nearly 100 educational institutions worldwide to participate in Student Engagement and Philanthropy Day. We are excited to announce that over 500 students stopped by and signed thank you cards and posters, and to learn about the many ways that alumni contributions enrich the student experience at Montclair State.
"Participating in Student Engagement and Philanthropy Day has made me realize how fortunate to have alumni who show their support through giving back to the school and also it has encouraged me to give back as well," said Jayson Ansah Nyarko, a sophomore.
Balloons were displayed all over campus, and Alumni Relations hosted five philanthropy education stations, where students filled out thank you cards, participated in social media contests, recorded video messages of thanks to alumni and more. The stations were located at:
• Blanton Hall, lobby near dining hall entrance
• Dickson Hall, first floor lobby
• Freeman Hall, lobby near dining hall entrance
• Student Center, second floor lobby
• University Hall, first floor lobby
Each and every gift – regardless of its size – represents the loyal and dedicated support of many members of our community.
We salute all our donors, who give so much to Montclair State. Their generosity provides:
• Scholarship programs for deserving students
• Endowed faculty chairs, professorships and lectureships
• Construction, renovation and maintenance of campus facilities
• State-of-the-art technologies
• Library acquisitions
• Cultural and educational resources and programs that enrich the lives of our student body, staff, members of our community and residents of New Jersey