Atlantic Health System
Atlantic Health System and Montclair State University
Arts and Health Partnership
In September 2013, Atlantic Health System, Healing Arts and Montclair State University officially launched a new Arts and Health Partnership. The goals of this new joint venture include research and publication, performance and exhibitions, and training and education in the areas of arts and healthcare, and the medical humanities.
Together we each build on a century of commitment and tradition. In the decade to come we will be acknowledged as leaders in the fields of arts and healthcare, education and research, both locally and globally. We will be recognized as an international model that embraces and fosters artistic collaborations across the disciplines. Through a dynamic synergy of applied education, training, strategic partnerships and research we will bring innovation and sustainable change to those we serve.
We express our mission and values in this partnership through principles of shared responsibility and respect for diversity. Embracing synergies between mind, body and spirit, we recognize that optimal well-being for society includes supporting these in practice and application.
We offer our communities unparalleled access to evolutionary advances in health and the arts through training, service, and research.
We will transfer that knowledge to a new generation of students and health care professionals. Together we enable future leaders to use knowledge in beneficial ways, sharing a rich array of intellectual and cultural resources.
PATHWAYS TO THE VISION
- Institutional Synergy - sharing resources to benefit our communities.
- Medical Humanities - education to further observational skills and embrace humanistic medicine.
- Professional Collaboration - innovation and leadership across our respective disciplines, enabling research and publication to advance scholarship.
- Professional Development - through internships and externships to provide a forum for training, research, performance and exhibitions.
- Arts Performance and Sports Health - sharing safe and effective methods of training students and professionals in the areas of arts performance and sports health.
- Fundraising - jointly securing funds to further the mission and vision of our partnership.
Partnership research, programming, and training will be led by Montclair State University’s College of the Arts leadership, faculty, and staff in conjunction with Atlantic Health leadership, medical professionals, and employees.
Please visit these calendars for partnership programming and related events: