Programs of Study
College of the Arts
The College of the Arts offers more than SIXTY Majors, Minors, Concentrations and Specializations at the Undergraduate and Graduate levels.
PICTURE YOURSELF . . . Pursuing your undergraduate degree at one of the few universities in the country that is nationally accredited in all of the arts . . . Experiencing the benefits of a beautiful campus in a burgeoning arts community just 14 miles west of Manhattan. A place where you can attend class in the morning, a gallery exhibition in the afternoon and a New York concert in the evening (the train gets you there in minutes.) Having a choice of nearly fifty undergraduate programs in art and design, fashion studies, music, theatre and dance … as well as broadcasting, filmmaking, communication studies and more. Picture yourself in the College of the Arts at Montclair State University!
Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree:
- DANCE EDUCATION, BA
- COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA ARTS, BA l Curriculum
- DOCUMENTARY, Television and Digital Media, BA l Curriculum
- FINE ARTS EDUCATION, Fine Arts ( BA and combined BA/MAT options)
- HEALTH COMMUNICATION, Communication Studies BA -- Curriculum
- STUDIO, Fine Arts BA l Curriculum
- STUDIO, Fine Arts BFA l Curriculum
- JAZZ STUDIES (BMus) | Curriculum
- MUSIC EDUCATION (BMus with and without certification) | Curriculum
- MUSIC PERFORMANCE (BMus) | Curriculum
- MUSIC THEORY/COMPOSITION (BMus) | Curriculum
- Harry Partch Institute Microtonal Music Studies
- Music Skills/Music Literature/Music History & Theory
Twice-designated as a Center of Excellence in the Fine and Performing Arts, Montclair State maintains a commitment to quality graduate programs and is ideally positioned to offer superior offerings in areas including art and design, the performing arts, communication and arts management.
The College of the Arts offers the following programs of study at the graduate level:
Master of Arts (MA)
Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.)
Certification and Professional Degrees: