The Cali School of Music invites brass players of all ages to its fifth annual Brass Day on Sunday, February 24 from 10 am to 9:30 pm at the Cali School building.
- Featured guest artist John Rojak (American Brass Quintet) will lead a master class and give a solo performance in the evening Gala Recital, at 7:30 pm.
- Cali School faculty will lead clinics and coachings throughout the day on jazz improvisation, breathing, relaxation and focus under performance pressure, and more.
- Participants are invited to rehearse and perform with the MSU Massive Brass in the evening Gala Recital, which also features performances by faculty and students from the Cali School. Friends, family and members of the community are welcome to attend this public performance.
- Steve Dillon, longtime friend of the Cali School Brass program, will give a special multimedia presentation on American trombone legend Arthur Pryor beginning at 11:30 am.
- In the afternoon, participants will have an opportunity to try and buy instruments and equipment from Dillon Music.