Radio Legend, Cousin Brucie Comes to Montclair State
Broadcast industry icon Bruce Morrow, better known by his on-the-air name, Cousin Brucie, recently visited Montclair State University’s DuMont Television Center to tape an interview for the Department of Broadcasting’s weekly magazine show, Carpe Diem, and to lead a master class for students. For the full article, click here.
Congratulations 2010 Broadcasting Graduates and Award Recipients!
Montclair State University’s College of the Arts held its Convocation ceremony on Saturday, May 15 at the University’s Amphitheater. Words of welcome and greeting were offered by President Susan A. Cole, Board of Trustees member Rose Cali, and Dean Geoffrey Newman. Michael Price received the Leonardis Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award and Bruce Morrow received an honorary degree. In addition, 25 students in the Department of Broadcasting were recognized with awards. For the full article, click here.
PATRICIA PIROH, MA (Television Production) served on the Editorial Advisory Board for Making Waves for the AWRT magazine. A Ripple in the Water: Healing Through Art continued to air on PBS stations in the U.S. She is the coordinating producer for two tapings/four programs each of The Giblin Report, which is New Jersey State Assemblyman Thomas P. Giblin’s half-hour television program. Ms. Piroh completed approximately 15 Carpe Diem programs that aired on Comcast and Cablevision.
Assoc. Prof DAVID SANDERS produced the National Music Council’s 28th annual American Eagle Awards honoring Quincy Jones, Herbie Hancock, and The Hard Rock Café. The Awards highlighted how important it is for young people in America to learn about and understand the musical roots of our nation, and use this knowledge to understand and contextualize the music and social movements of today.
- Greg Addo: Video producer, City of Newark/Cory Booker, mayor
- Kristine Bates: Editor/Director of AT&T Communications, Basking Ridge, N.J.
- Leigh Dana (Scheps): Reporter/Fill-in Anchor of WBNG News 12, Binghamton, N.Y.
- Cameron Ferrara: Technical Coordinator of Lion Television, N.Y
- Timothy Feeley: Production Assistant of Sound One, New York, N.Y.
- Stephanie Gomez: Production Assistant for the USA series White Collar, Silvercup Studios, Astoria, N.Y.
- Annie Henckel: Associate Producer of Mystery Diagnosis, TLC, True Entertainment, N.Y.
- Tania Ivanova: Associate Producer of Due Process, NJN, Newark, N.J.
- Kim Mayas: Production Assistant for Concepts Television, Boonton, N.J.
- Nicole Pica: Script Coordinator of Good Morning America, ABC Network, N.Y.
- Annica Riley: Production Assistant for the USA series White Collar of Silvercup Studios, Astoria, N.Y.
- Bob Rowe: Editor of MLB Productions, Secaucus, N.J.
- Tanya Taylor: Desk Assistant of Westwood One/CBS Radio, New York, N.Y.
- Ronald Tomaino: Director of News 12 New Jersey
- Lauren Willdeboer: Assistant Location Manager of Columbia Pictures, Los Angeles, CA