Budget and Planning
The Office of Budget and Planning is responsible for the development and monitoring of the University's annual operating budget. The office prepares the State Budget Request and annual spending plan. It conducts analytical studies to support the planning and budget development processes and produces management information related to the University's operations.
The Office of Budget and Planning offers the primary support for identifying, obtaining, allocating and maximizing resources needed to achieve the University goal of becoming the second most highly visible and prominent public university in the state. The office strives to provide its customers with efficient and productive methods for budget preparation, using sound budget and management practices, financial planning that supports management decision making, and developing innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- Prepare the annual budget submission to the State.
- Develop and monitor the University's annual budget.
- Fulfill internal and external budgeting reporting requirements.
- Process budget transfers and funding requests for new programs
and new initiatives.
- Review capital project requests and monitor capital budget
- Provide financial analysis for departments and the University.
- Link University budgets with strategic planning.