Campus & Alumni Programs
- Check back for next semesters' events!
How to Register
- Register the day of at 5pm
- Registration must be done at the Student Recreation Center
- You don't need a membership, but you must be affiliated with the University
- Affiliates and up to 3 guests are free
- Limited to the first 40 participants, who will all recieve wrist bands
Rules & Regulations
- Children must be 5+
- Only Coast Guard approved floatation devices permitted in the pool
Date: Fall 2013
Where: Student Recreation Center Pool
Cost: FREE for students ONLY
Come get your feet wet and learn how to swim for FREE! You must be a current Montclair State University student to participate. These classes are just the introductory class, no progression. There is no sign up required for the free lessons. However, if you would like to continue the course you can sign up for any of the available sessions, which can be viewed on the Swim Lessons page.
Previously called Family Swim, Pool Pass is a program which allows current members of the Student Recreation Center: students, faculty, staff, and alumni, to bring their family or friends to use the pool. Valid any time the pool is open, this pass allows the user access to the pool for the entire day, for half the price of a daily guest pass, $10 which allows use of the entire facility. Children must be over the age of 5, toilet trained, and all guests must remain with the member while in the building. Interested participants should check the pool schedule to ensure space is available, especially during semester and while the community Learn-to-Swim program is in session. Please be advised that the pool may be closed to guests for Special Events for Montclair State University Students. One MSU ID/Membership allows up to 4 guests. If you do not have a membership, you are not permitted to participate in the Pool Pass program. Alumni may purchase a day pass.
- Pool passes are $5 for access to the pool area only.
- All rules regarding the pool are in effect.
- Family swim is 10am-4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- No children under the age of 5 are allowed in the pool.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No more than 4 guests are allowed to one MSU ID/Membership.
- No diapers in the pool.
- U.S. Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation devices only.
This class is acknowledged by PADI, Professional Association of Diving Instructors.