We are now hosting children’s pool birthday parties at the Student Recreation Center! You bring the food, decorations, and music and we’ll provide 2 lifeguards, the party room, the pool toys and 2 staff members to help facilitate pool games! All children must be 5 years or older in order to swim, regardless of if they are accompanied by an adult. Children under 5 may attend, but are not permitted in the pool area. Children must be toilet trained.
- 1 hour of Pool Time, 1 hour of Party Time: $200.00 for up to 30 swimmers
- Additional hour of Pool/Party Time: $115.00
- A $50.00 damage deposit is required with each booking. Permitting there is no damage, the $50.00 will be returned after your party.
Parties are typically held on Saturday and Sunday afternoons starting at 2:00pm and 5:00pm.
During the Summer, parties are held at 3pm on Saturday or Sunday.
All parties are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
For more information, to reserve a date, or to set up a tour, please contact the Campus Recreation Aquatics Office at SRCAquatics@mail.montclair.edu
Sign up for Summer swim lessons starting April 1st.
Sign up for Fall swim lessons starting August 1st.
Sign up for Spring swim lessons starting December 1st.
- View the Swim Lessons flyer for the latest information
- Free to current Montclair State University students!
- Swim lessons for children are also available!
- Preschool lessons are available only in the summer.
- Parents: look over the Parent Information document for procedures and information prior to your first visit.
- Sign up for the community programs mailing list to keep up to date.
- Group Lessons: The program is designed to make student placement more efficient, and to ensure each individual class is comprised of like-skilled participants. Parents will enroll their children into one of two Groups: ages 5 to 8, and 8 to 13. On the first day of lessons, the instructors will divide the entire class into individual groups. The youngest, beginner group will have a ratio of 1:3 (instructor to participants). More advanced groups will be 1:4 or 1:5. These individual groups will be divided based on skill, not age, so it is unlikely siblings will end up with the same instructor, although it is possible.
- Private Lessons:A private lesson is typically one-on-one instruction that is scheduled according to your availability and the instructor's. Semi-private lessons, which are two students to one instructor, are also available. Three 30-minute lessons cost $105 and six 30-minutes lessons are $210. Three semi-private lessons are $150 and six semi-private lessons cost $255.
- Parents sign up for a time and fill out a waiver when signing up
- Register in the main office or over the phone 973-655-3340
- First day:
- Check in at the front desk
- Drop participants off with instructor
- Instructors divide children into groups based on skill
Parking Information: All guests of Montclair State University must pay for parking while on campus, and our courses have been reduced in cost to re flect this. All guests that do not have a Montclair State University parking permit may use any parking stall labeled "M" (for metered). Payment for parking can be done at the parking kiosk located near the handicapped parking stalls, or over the phone using the Pay By Phone system. If you plan on using the Pay by Phone system, it is recommended that you register in advance of your lessons, to expedite the parking process. You can register your car and credit card at https://paybyphone.com/registration/ and then call or use the Pay By Phone app to pay to park.
The T-Ball Squirts Program is a great way to introduce your child to the exciting games of baseball and softball. T-Ball Squirts® takes place in a safe, structured enviornment where core components of the game are taught through a series of games and activities designed to capture the imagination of all players. T-Ball squirts learn the game in a fun, positive, and supportive environment.
Age appropriate equipment is provided, but players may bring their own glove.
- Participants will learn:
- Base Running
With the Soccer Squirts program, participants learn the fundamental skills of soccer through a program of structured activities, fun based games, and scrimmages.
Parent & Me Sports Squirts classes are a fun and positive introduction to sports for children aged 2-3 and their parents! With a parent participating by their side, kids will have fun learning the fundamental skills of various sports through a program of structured activities, fun based games, and scrimmages.
Check out the Sports Squirts fall flier for the dates and details. Check back soon for information regarding our Spring 2015 programs.
Make checks payable to: Montclair State University. Register in person at the Student Recreation Center, by phone at 973-655-3340, or online at MSUeConnect.com.
Arrival & Parking
Parents will be greeted by USSI staff upon arrival and organized pick up and drop off of children. Parents who wish to stary during the camp and watch their children may park in a metered parking spot located in Lot 20A. Meters may be paid by half hour or hour rates.
Q: What sports are included in the Sports Squirts Camp?
A: Soccer, T-Ball, Basketball, Floor Hockey, and Parachute Games!
Q: Do I have to sign my child up for all four weeks or can I do just one?
A: No, you don't have to sign up for all four weeks. You can do all four or just one camp.
They are set up as seperate weeks to maintain flexibility.
Q: Is registration available online?
A: Yes! Please visit www.msueconnect.com to register online using a credit card.
The process is easy and takes only a few minutes.
Q: Can I stay and watch my child play?
A: Yes, parents are welcomed to stay through the classes,
but please be aware that parking is not free and you will be responsible for any parking costs.
Q: Where can I park my car?
A: There are metered spaces located outside the building in Lot20A. Meters can be paid by the half hour or hour rate.
Q: When will I get to meet the coaches?
A: You will meet your child's coaches the first day of the week.
Q: What steps are taken to ensure my child's safety?
A: Campers will be signed in and out of camp every day by the camp coordinator. Please be notified that camp coordinators must be aware of who is collecting your child at the end of the day. Children will be supervised at all times throughout the program.
Would you like to know more? Click Here.