Create Your Own Blog
Many thanks to Heather Perram Frank Principal, Jump Strategies
- Create and publish a blog using Blogger or Typepad.
- Keep in mind that you can always migrate to your own domain in the future. Just get going!
More advanced, but still pretty easy
- Come up with some domain names and see if they're available using Whois
- Buy a domain. You can buy it through Whois or use another reputable company like Network Solutions
- Sign up with a host. There are a lot of hosts, and Network Solutions also hosts blogs.
- Ask your own friends. My host is webfaction.com and I like them but there are others just as good.
- Your host will guide you to blogging software, and it will probably be WordPress
Mind your blog business, without spending a dime
Want ads? Sign up for Google Adsense
Want traffic stats? Sign up for Google Analytics
Start friending, following and posting
Don't be shy, but remember that you're building an online identity that should reflect your goals and ambitions.
Join a network, like BlogHer
Make it easy for others to promote you by adding Twitter widgets and badges
Be your own social media guru
Subscribe to http://www.smartbrief.com/socialmedia/
Read this article http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/how-to-keep-readers-coming-back-to-your-blog/
Get out and do it. Be fearless, have fun and toot your own horn. Pretty soon you'll be teaching your friends the ropes, too.