Eligibility for Enrollment in a Cooperative Education Course
- A student must have a 2.0 minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) and have earned a total of 30 credits. Some academic departments have additional requirements.
- Transfer students with an associate or a second bachelor's degree do not have to obtain any additional course credit at Montclair State University.
- Transfer students without a degree must complete at least 9 credits at Montclair State, have at least 30 accumulated credits (including Montclair State University and transfer), and a 2.0 minimum GPA.
- A student must view the “Who We Are” Online Presentation, available during regular office hours, at the Center for Career Services and Cooperative Education located in Morehead Hall, Room 337.
- The cooperative education internship opportunity must be a new learning experience:
If you are currently employed with an organization, you must provide the University with evidence that substantial new learning will take place during the Co-op semester. The best way to demonstrate new student learning is through one of the following:
- A promotion
- A different position within the organization
- Evidence of a new project that comprises at least 50% of your time
- A student cannot be self-employed or work for a family member.
- A student must accept both a Consent Agreement and Statement of Ethical Conduct.