Resumes and Cover Letters
You must upload a resume in order to apply for jobs and internships through Hire a Red Hawk. As a current student, you are required to submit your resume for review and approval by your assigned Career Services Director. Once approved, you will be able to apply for jobs and internships in the system.
Build Your Resume and Cover Letter
Your Hire a Red Hawk account grants you access to the Resume Builder resource. Resume Builder allows you to create a resume and/or cover letter utilizing a template that best matches your experience level or the profession are you pursuing.
Get started by signing into your Hire a Red Hawk account through NEST and follow the steps below.
- Click Resources on the left-hand navigation. Then, click Resume Builder from the drop down menu.
- Or, click Resume Builder from the quick links on the right-hand side of your homepage.
- Click Create New Resume or Create New Cover Letter.
- Choose the template that best matches your experience level or the profession you are pursuing.
- Add and/or reorganize the Section Titles on your chosen resume template.
- Customize the resume layout/style and begin to populate the template with your resume content.
- Once you have completed your resume, click Save and Continue to generate your resume in a PDF, Word doc, or HTML format.
Upload Your Resume and Other Documents
You can submit your resume for review and approval in two ways.
Submit Your Resume from Resume Builder
- Create your resume using Resume Builder.
- Activate your resume to submit it for review and approval.
Upload Your Existing Resume
- Once in your Hire a Red Hawk account, click Documents on the left-hand navigation and choose Approved from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add New.
- Follow the prompts to upload your document and click Submit.
- Your uploaded resume will appear in the Pending Documents tab until approved by your assigned Career Services Director. The review process will take 5-7 business days.