There are two types of on-campus jobs:
Federal Work Study (FWS): If you are a recipient of financial aid, you may be eligible to receive Federal Work Study funds. Check if you have FWS funds.
Student Assistant (SA): On-campus, part-time jobs. View eligibility requirements for SA employment.
Federal Work Study (FWS)
A federally funded, college administered program that allows you to earn a specific amount of money to help with college costs.
Check if you have Federal Work Study funds:
- Log on to NEST
- Click on the Financial Aid tab
- Click on Financial Aid Awards
- Choose the appropriate academic year and click Submit
- If you have Federal Work Study it will be listed with a dollar amount on this page
If you have Federal Work Study funds, you should apply to on-campus positions that are designated for FWS students, although you may apply to Student Assistant positions, as well.
Student Assistant (SA)
A program that offers on-campus, part-time jobs if you do not qualify for FWS.
Student Assistant Eligibility
- All students must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Undergraduate students must maintain a minimum of 9 credits per semester
- Graduate students must maintain a minimum of 6 credits per semester
- SA employment can not exceed 20 hours per week
Students without Federal Work Study funds may apply for jobs designated for Student Assistants.