On-Campus Jobs

There are two types of on-campus jobs:

Federal Work Study (FWS): If you are a recipient of financial aid, you may be eligible to receive Federal Work Study funds.  Check if you have FWS funds.

Student Assistant (SA): On-campus, part-time jobs.  View eligibility requirements for SA employment.

Federal Work Study (FWS)

A federally funded, college administered program that allows you to earn a specific amount of money to help with college costs.

Check if you have Federal Work Study funds: 

  1. Log on to NEST
  2. Click on the Financial Aid tab
  3. Click on Financial Aid Awards
  4. Choose the appropriate academic year and click Submit
  5. If you have Federal Work Study it will be listed with a dollar amount on this page

If you have Federal Work Study funds, you should apply to on-campus positions that are designated for FWS students, although you may apply to Student Assistant positions, as well.

Student Assistant (SA)

A program that offers on-campus, part-time jobs if you do not qualify for FWS.

Student Assistant Eligibility

  • All students must maintain a 2.0 GPA
  • Undergraduate students must maintain a minimum of 9 credits per semester
  • Graduate students must maintain a minimum of 6 credits per semester
  • SA employment can not exceed 20 hours per week

Students without Federal Work Study funds may apply for jobs designated for Student Assistants.

Student Employment Compensation

Compensation for on-campus employment is determined by each department.  View the compensation scale provided by Financial Aid.  Please read Ethical Conduct prior to your on-campus employment.