On Campus Employers
I am an On Campus Employer interested in hiring student employees for student assistant or federal work study positions. How do I start?
Bookmark or print these instructions before clicking any links, please! You will need this info after you get your password.
- Register with our online job posting system, Career Directions.
- Follow the instructions within each field of the registration form to complete the form.
- You will complete this form only once.
- Scroll over the MY JOBS tab and choose NEW JOB to post a new position or JOB LIST to see previous postings.
- If you've selected NEW JOB, complete the POSITION INFORMATION section: Include days and hours needed and skills required such as data entry, telephone work, etc.
- Verify the CONTACT INFORMATION and read the instructions regarding SCREENING OPTIONS.
- Complete POSTING INFORMATION: Under POSITION TYPE ONLY select ON CAMPUS STUDENT ASSISTANT or ON-CAMPUS FEDERAL WORK STUDY. Do not select "part time" as that selector is reserved for off-campus positions.
- If both SA and FWS positions are available with the same job title, please complete separate position forms.
- If you have multiple positions of the same type and same job title available (such as 10 FWS lab assistants) you need complete only one position form.
- Click Save.
For your information, the following text appears on your job-posting page, indicating the tasks you will be able to complete through Career Directions:
- Enter a new job listing – click New Job on the sub-menu bar above.
- Edit or close your job listing(s) – click the Job ID of the posting you wish to change.
- Repost your job listing – click on the Job ID of the job you wish to repost and then click on [Copy Job] and then edit the Post and Expiration dates.
- Close your job listing – click on the Job ID of the job you wish to close and then click on [Close Job].
- Sort the list of jobs – click on any column heading.
- View students applying for a posting – click the highlighted R in the Activity column. If no students have yet applied for the job, the R will not be highlighted.
- Report hiring a student/graduate – click the P in the Activity column. The P is highlighted when a student has been hired for the posting.
Email email@example.com if you have questions.
Please adhere to Student Employment Policy.
Visit this link for the New Student Assistant forms from Human Resources: Student Employment Forms.