On-Campus Jobs

I. What kind of on-campus jobs can Montclair State students apply for?

  • Federal Work Study Employment (FWS)
    If you are a recipient of financial aid, you may be eligible to receive Federal Work Study funds.  Check if you have FWS funds by reviewing your award letter or log into WESS to see if Federal Work Study is listed among your loans. If FWS funds are listed, you can apply for FWS jobs.
  • Student Assistant Employment (SA)
    Anyone can apply for a Student Assistant position.

Compensation for working on campus is determined by each department a student is working for.  View the compensation scale provided by Financial Aid. 

II. How do I find out what on-campus jobs are available?

Use Career Directions, our online job posting system, to search for on-campus jobs.
1. Once you've determined if you are interested in Federal Work Study or Student Assistant positions:

2. Register with Career Directions using your Montclair State email address and password.

3. View available on-campus postions by selecting "On-Campus" under the "Job Search" drop-down menu.

4. All available positions will indicate Student Assistant or Federal Work Study under the "Position Type" field.  To view a job posting, click on the job title.

5. Once you have found a position you are interested in, follow the application submission requirements outlined in the job posting.  If no application is provided, submit the Federal Work Study application or Student Assistant application.


Q: Where can I get an on-campus job application?
A:  Both forms are available below:

Q: I have FWS funds. Can I apply to SA positions as well?
A: Yes.

Q: How many positions can I apply for?
A: As many as you like.

Q: What do I do when I complete my application(s)?
A: Bring your application to the Contact Person listed in Section I of your application.

Q: How do I set up my direct deposit or pay card?
A: Ask your supervisor to obtain the paperwork from the Payroll office.

IV. Ethical Conduct Please read.