Federal Work Study

There are two types of on campus jobs: Federal Work Study (FWS) and Student Assistant (SA).

Federal Work Study (FWS): A federally funded, college administered program that allows you to earn a specific amount of money to help with college costs.

Student Assistant (SA): A program that offers on campus, part time jobs if you do not qualify for FWS.

If you have Federal Work Study funds, you should apply to on-campus positions that are designated for FWS students, although you may apply to Student Assistant positions, as well. 

Students without Federal Work Study funds may apply for jobs designated for Student Assistants. 

How to Check if you have Federal Work Study Funds: 

  • Log on to WESS
  • Enter Student Services
  • Log in with your CWID and PIN, just like you would to register for classes or check your payment 
  • Under the Financial Aid Tab, click Financial Aid Summary 
  • Click View information about your total financial aid
  • If you have Federal Work Study, it will be listed under Award with the amount