The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) defines a third-party recruiter as an individual, agency or organization that recruits candidates for temporary, part-time or full-time employment opportunities for another organization. The following guidelines, adapted from NACE outline professional standards of conduct to insure a productive and successful relationship.
To identify recent graduates and experienced alumni, third-party recruiting organizations agree to:
• Disclose the client, or clients, that the third-party recruiter is representing, to whom the student’s/applicant’s credentials will be disclosed, and the types of positions for which the third- party recruiter is recruiting. The Career Center will be permitted to verify this information by contacting the client(s).
• Follow EEO standards in the screening, recruiting and referring of qualified applicants to employers without regard to the race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
• Not charge Montclair State University applicants for any services rendered.
• Provide accurate information to applicants and the Center on the terms and conditions of the services.
• Obtain written consent from applicants prior to disclosing any information to organizations (Under no circumstances can applicant/student information be disclosed for other than recruiting purposes nor can it be sold or provided to other entities).
• Provide applicants with copies of documents, including signed applications/agreements.
• Not prohibit, restrict or penalize applicants from accepting a job directly with a client company.
• Third party recruiters are welcome to post positions using Career Directions and may participate in information sessions, but are not permitted to participate in our visibility programs.
• To establish a partnership and participate in recruiting activities with Montclair State University, all third-party recruiting organizations must agree to the criteria outlined above. Any questions regarding these Professional Guidelines can be referred to: Pauline Allen, Director for Student Employment and Internships.
Please complete the following, print and fax to the Center at 973.655.7979.?
I agree to the above terms and conditions.
Print your name
Name of Third Party Agency
City, State, Zip