Which online resources are REALLY helpful?
Company research is not only critical to helping you succeed in an interview, but you may also uncover information that helps you make an informed decision as to whether your interests and values are compatible with the prospective employer’s mission and practices.
- Riley Guide: Business Directories & Corporate Profiles provides comprehensive directories that allow you to search for companies by industry sector, by occupation, by location or by keyword.
- Linkedin allows you to learn about a company's business, brand, products, services and job opportunities.
- Glassdoor provides company reviews as well as reported salaries and benefits from current and former employees.
Salary sites are designed to help you learn about typical salaries based on location, industry, occupation, experience and education. By researching salaries, you will be better prepared to negotiate an equitable compensation package.
- Salary.com allows you to browse salaries for more than 60 career categories and provides information about salary/benefits negotiation.
- Educate To Career (ETC) Salary Calculator
provides job seekers and employers with reliable salary data. - See more at: https://www.jobsearchintelligence.com/salary-calculator-intro-etc#sthash.WZSwyrhF.dpufprovides job seekers with reliable salary data.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook is a guide to career information including typical wages and employment trends across occupations and industries.
Professional associations expand your networking opportunities, allow you to stay up-to-date on issues and trends in your field and provide valuable information and resources to enhance your career.
- Weddle's List helps you find relevant associations by subject.
Job Search Resources
There are many online employment websites. The more you diversify your job search, the more likely you are to find opportunities that suit your interests. You may also utilize job alerts to keep up-to-date with employment and career trends.
- Job Postings specifically for the Montclair State University community!
- Idealist.org posts jobs and internships for those who want to make the world a better place.
- USA.gov is a gateway to the government with information about education, financial aid and the government job hunt.
- USAjobs.gov is the Federal Government's official job listing with employment search, information center, veteran information and forms.
- WNJPIN.net (The Workforce of New Jersey Public Information Network) is an excellent resource to find out more about jobs, industries and education in New Jersey.
- NJHire is New Jersey Department of Education's free education recruitment website.
- My Next Move (for veterans) helps you find a civilian career similar to your military job.
- COSD's (Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities) helps improve the employment rate of college students and recent graduates with disabilities on a national basis.
- Summer Jobs is a top resource for finding summer camp jobs, seasonal employment and careers with resorts, parks or hotels.