Create an effective resume, cover letter and e-portfolio and improve your interviewing skills
- Use to format your resume. (Optimal is a comprehensive, web-based tool, which allows you to create, present and manage multiple resumes.)
- Current students: Use your mail.montclair.edu email address to log into the system.
- Alumni: This service is currently FREE for Montclair State Alumni. To receive FREE access, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 973-655-4141 for your promotional code.
- An employer often develops a first impression of a candidate from their cover letter. Learn to write a cover letter that makes a good first impression.
- An e-portfolio can aid in your job search. Learn how to create an e-portfolio through Optimal Resume.
- Use (part of Optimal Resume), our online mock interviewing system that allows you to record, watch and listen to yourself answering questions.
- Learn about answering illegal interview questions!
Interested in having your resume or cover letter critiqued or practicing your interview skills?
- Undeclared Students and Alumni: Contact the Center for Career Services to schedule an appointment.
- Declared Students: Reach out to your Career Counselor to schedule an appointment.