I want to create an effective resume, an e-portfolio and improve my interviewing skills
Want a great resume?
- Read A Guide to Career Planning and Job Hunting or
- Begin to write your resume by reading our online instructions.
- Use to format your resume. (Optimal is a comprehensive, web-based tool, which allows you to create, present and manage multiple resumes.)
- Current students: Use your mail.montclair.edu email address to log into the system.
- Alumni: This service is currently FREE for Montclair State Alumni. To receive FREE access, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 973-655-4141 for your promotional code.
- See some sample Optimal resumes
- Translate your military experience into a civilian resume.
- Tips on preparing a resume for scanning and tracking systems
- Learn about QR codes and how to add them to your resume.
Want a great cover letter?
Want to create an e-portfolio to aid in your job hunt?
- Get one through Optimal Resume.
Want a critique of your resumé or cover letter?
- Bring your resume to the Center during counseling drop-in hours.
- Drop off a copy of your resumé any time and ask that it be critiqued. You may pick it up two days later.
Want to learn about interviewing?
- See typical interview questions
- Use (part of Optimal Resume), our online practice interviewing system, which allows you to record, watch and listen to yourself answering questions
- Use an Interview preparation checklist
- Learn about answering illegal interview questions!
- Make an appointment with a counselor for an interviewing role-play if you think you need more help