Biology and Molecular Biology - 2011 University Catalog
You have reached an archived version of the University Catalog. For the most current information please go to: montclair.edu/catalog.
Chairperson: Quinn Vega
The student can prepare for a biology career, graduate work, or professional programs in medicine, dentistry, medical technology, physical therapy, veterinary medicine, pharmacy and other fields related to biology, by taking the major requirements with a proper selection of electives. Students can obtain certification to teach biology by completing the professional sequence in the Teacher Education Program. A minor in biology is also available.
Outstanding students can take advantage of the honors program and be granted an “Honors in Biology” by fulfilling the prescribed requirements. For information about the program, contact the department chairperson.
Freshman courses offered for biology majors assume that the student has taken biology, chemistry and physics and at least three years of college preparatory mathematics in high school. All students for all programs are required to take Biol 199.
Programs of Study
- Biology Major (B.S.) - Undergraduate
- Biology Major (B.S.) - Undergraduate (Combined B.S./M.S.)
- Biology Major, Environmental Science Concentration (B.S.) - Undergraduate
- Biology Minor - Undergraduate
- Biology with Teacher Certification in Biological Science (Preschool-Grade 12) (B.S.) - Undergraduate
- Molecular Biology Major (B.S.) - Undergraduate
- Biological Science, Instructional Certification: Teacher Certification in Biological Science - Preschool through Grade 12 - Graduate
- Biology (M.S.) - Graduate
- Biology (M.S.) - Graduate (Combined B.S./M.S.)
- Biology, Biological Science/Education Concentration (M.S.) - Graduate
- Biology, Ecology & Evolution Concentration (M.S.) - Graduate
- Biology, Physiology Concentration (M.S.) - Graduate
- Molecular Biology (M.S.) - Graduate
- Molecular Biology Certificate - Graduate