Philosophy and Religion - 2011 University Catalog
You have reached an archived version of the University Catalog. For the most current information please go to: montclair.edu/catalog.
Chairperson: Dorothy Rogers
Taking courses in philosophy and religious studies means gaining a greater ability to think clearly and independently about the central issues of human life. These studies present the occasion and the means to reflect critically on basic values and beliefs. The courses complement other major programs by enhancing awareness of the philosophical, ethical and religious elements and implications of other academic studies.
Both areas can be taken as a major leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree. They are also good second majors to enrich a liberal arts interest. A minor is offered in both programs. Each major is excellent preparation for later graduate and professional work.
Programs of Study
- Philosophy Major (B.A.) - Undergraduate
- Philosophy Major with Teacher Certification in Elementary School Teacher in Grades K-5 (B.A.) - Undergraduate
- Philosophy Minor - Undergraduate
- Religious Studies Major (B.A.) - Undergraduate
- Religious Studies Major with Teacher Certification in Elementary School Teacher in Grades K-5 (B.A.) - Undergraduate
- Religious Studies Minor - Undergraduate