Psychology - 2011 University Catalog
You have reached an archived version of the University Catalog. For the most current information please go to: montclair.edu/catalog.
Chairperson: Peter Vietze
Undergraduate courses in psychology establish a sound basis for later professional or graduate training in psychology. As part of a broad liberal education, they satisfy the needs of students, (majors and non-majors), and teach principles and techniques as intellectual tools for work in other social and biological sciences and in professional fields such as social work, journalism, business and law. Courses required for teacher certification in the State of New Jersey, as described in the Teacher Education Program, are provided.
In addition to a diverse general psychology program, the department offers a minor in Psychology and an Honors Seminar Program.
Programs of Study
- Cognitive Science Minor - Undergraduate
- Psychology Major (B.A.) - Undergraduate
- Psychology Major with Teacher Certification in Elementary School Teacher in Grades K-5 (B.A.) - Undergraduate
- Psychology Major with Teacher Certification in Social Studies (Preschool-Grade 12) (B.A.) - Undergraduate
- Psychology Minor - Undergraduate
- Clinical Psychology, Child/Adolescent Clinical Psychology Concentration (M.A.) - Graduate
- Clinical Psychology, Clinical Psychology for Spanish/English Bilinguals Concentration (M.A.) - Graduate
- Criminal Forensic Psychology Certificate - Graduate
- Family/Civil Forensic Psychology Certificate - Graduate
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology (M.A.) - Graduate
- Psychology (M.A.) - Graduate
- School Psychologist, Educational Services Certification - Graduate