The College of Education and Human Services at Montclair State University is dedicated to:
- Providing quality undergraduate and graduate programs for both traditional and non-traditional students; developing professionals in education and the human services who will achieve the College's academic goals and meet requisite professional standards; and making available a host of other learning opportunities.
- Supporting and engaging in service and scholarship (including local, national, and international collaborations) which add to the bodies of knowledge and practice in the disciplines represented in the College and which address the consequential issues faced by local, national, and global communities.
- Collaborating with field-based professionals-based on parity, trust and mutual interests-to support the continued learning of experienced professionals and foster the simultaneous renewal of the preparation of professionals and of the professions and communities in which they serve.
Embedded in and giving depth to the mission of the College are the following Academic Goals of the College of Education and Human Services.
Our academic programs are committed to preparing professionals:
- Who emerge with the requisite knowledge and skills to be excellent practitioners within their professions and their communities;
- Who engage in critical reflection, inquiry, critical thinking, and life-long learning;
- Who are committed to the moral and ethical dimensions and standards of their professions, including the pursuit of social justice;
- Who promote learning and growth for all, with respect for social, cultural, economic, and individual differences;
- Who assume the responsibility of being stewards of best practice within their profession;
- Who understand their role in preparing and supporting individuals and groups to be active and critical participants in an emerging political and social democracy.