IAPC Visiting Scholars
In accordance with its mission to conduct scholarship, curriculum development and professional development in Philosophy for Children, the IAPC welcomes Visiting Scholars for periods of weeks, months, semesters, or an entire academic year. All Visiting Scholars to the IAPC must attend the IAPC Summer Seminar the first week of August as part of their visit.
In order to request a visit, please send a Proposal of Scholarship and a Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in the Proposal of Scholarship:
- Detailed description of your project (such as research, curriculum development or professional development in Philosophy for Children) specifying why you selected the IAPC / Montclair State University.
- Expected outcomes and timeline for the project.
- Your level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
If the IAPC accepts your proposal, you will be put in communication with the University's Global Education Center to make financial and visa arrangements. The Global Education Center will also require a report of your work at the end of your visit.
The IAPC Provides Visiting Scholars:
- A faculty advisor
- Consultation with other faculty members
- Professional venues for their work (e.g., talks, workshops & publications)
- A temporary MSU email account
- Certificate and letter of recognition
The IAPC Does Not Provide:
- Housing or living expenses
- Travel expenses
- Health Insurance
International visitors from certain countries may enter the United States without a visa. Others may travel on the B1 or B2 visitors visa, as long as:
- Your stay is for 90 days or less
- You do not plan to enroll in classes
- You will not be receiving any payment from a source in the US, including Montclair State University.
Click here for information on procedures for entry and exit from the U.S.
The cost of the Visiting Scholar Program does not include health insurance, which may be purchased online at sites including the following:
- Wallach & Company: http://www.wallach.com/hcamerica.asp (daily rates)
- International Student Organization: http://www.isoa.org/compass_voyager_main.aspx (monthly rates)
- HTH: http://www.hthstudents.com/healthInsurance_selectState.cfm (monthly rates)
- Cultural Insurance Services International: http://www.culturalinsurance.com/wccp-visitingUS.htm (monthly rates)
- The Harbor Group: https://www.hginsurance.com/secure/brochuretext.asp (monthly rates)
For further information, contact:
IAPC Visiting Scholars Program
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ 07043
Fax: (973) 655-7834