All candidates must meet application and admission requirements as defined by The Graduate School.
Additional Student Responsibilities:
- Passing score on PRAXIS II - Elementary Education: Content Knowledge (5031)
- Students are responsible for seeking advisement from their academic advisor for registration and completion of degree requirements.
- Students are responsible for completing the Physiology and Hygiene requirement and Speech requirement for state certification.
- If a K-5 Teaching candidate intends to seek a Middle School Content Area Specialist endorsement in addition to the standard K-5 Certification, she or he must also complete Child Development II, as required by the New Jersey Department of Education.
- All MAT students must register to take the Comprehensive Exam during the Clinical I semester. The exam is administered once in the spring and fall semesters. Registration for the fall exam is due October 1 and February 15 for the spring exam. Registration forms and information on the Comprehensive Exam may be found on the department website.
- It is the student's responsibility to be familiar with all policies designated in the Graduate Catalog and the current Center of Pedagogy Teacher Education Handbook.
- Students are required to apply to the Center of Pedagogy for Clinical I placement the semester before placement begins. The deadline is March 1 for Fall placements and October 1 for Spring placement.
- In order to complete the program, students must file the proper audit forms in the Registrar's Office October1st for May graduation, March 1 for August graduation, and June 1 for January graduation.
- Any variation from this work program must be approved by The Graduate School through the proper filing of a substitution form.