All candidates must meet application and admission requirements as defined by The Graduate School.
Additional Student Responsibilities:
- Elementary certification requires passing PRAXIS II Elementary Multiple subjects (test code 5031 for tests completed between 9/1/2012 and 8/31, 2014. As of September 1, 2014, the test code will be 5001). Information on the PRAXIS test is available in the Center of Pedagogy office in University Hall.
- Students are responsible for seeking advisement from their academic advisor for registration and completion of degree requirements.
- Students are responsible for completing the Physiology and Hygiene requirement and Speech requirement for state certification.
- Any student who has not completed the equivalent of one semester of child development as an undergraduate must take the course at the graduate level.
- It is the student's responsibility to be familiar with all policies designated in the Graduate Catalog and the current Center of Pedagogy Teacher Education Handbook.
- Students are required to apply to the Center of Pedagogy for Clinical I placement the semester before placement begins. The deadline to apply is March 1 for September placement and October 1 for January placement.
- In order to complete the program, students must file the proper audit forms in the Registrar's Office: October 1 for May completion, March 1 for August completion, and June 1 for January completion.
- Applications for Certification are required to be submitted to the Registrar's Office during the following period: October 15 to November 15 for January graduation, March 15 to April 15 for May graduation, and July 1 to August 1 for August graduation.
- Any variation from this work program must be approved by The Graduate School through the proper filing of a substitution form.