Academic Program for P-3 MAR
What Classes Do I Need To Take?
Montclair State University offers the following courses approved by the State Of New Jersey to meet the needs of the P-3 Modified Alternate Route certification:
- ECEL 506 Introduction to Early Childhood Theory and Practice: Classroom - 1.5 Credits o (24 HR. Pre-service Class for P-3)
- ECEL 507 Application of Early Childhood Theory and Practice: Classroom - 1.5 Credits
- ECSE 508 Partnerships Families Children with Disabilities: Classroom - 3credits
- ECEL 516 Social Studies and the Arts: Understanding Democracy in Elementary:
- Classroom-3 credits
- ECEL 517 Integrating Science & Technology in Early Childhood & Elementary:
- Classrooms - 3 credits
- *Students must take ECEL 528, and 510 after taking ECEL 506, 507, 516, 517 and ECSE 508.
- ECEL 528 Early Childhood Curriculum in Inclusive Settings - 3 credits
- ECEL 510 Clinical Experience - 2 credits
- ECEL 502 Seminar I - 1 credit
The program allows you to register for up to 3 courses per semester.