Stephanie A. N. Silvera
- Department: Health and Nutrition Sciences
- Office: University Hall 4161
- Phone: (973) 655-4154
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSU Faculty/Staff Profile: http://www.montclair.edu/~silveras
Scholarly Interests and Specialties
- Pursuing a diverse research agenda that incorporates interests in chronic disease epidemiology
- Health promotion and disease prevention, and health disparities
- Interested in examining the independent and combined effects of diet, lifestyle, socioeconomic status, race/ethnicity, and medical factors on cancer risk.
Professional Association Memberships
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Society for Nutrition Education
- American Public Health Association
Reviewer for the following professional journals
- Environmental Research
- Nutrition and Cancer
Other Types of Reviews
- Prentice Hall - Book Review
Work With Schools and Other Agencies
- Yale University School of Epidemiology and Public Health, Department of Chronic Disease Epidemiology, New Haven, CT – collaborating with researchers at Yale to examine the racial/ethnic differences in cancer risk using data from a prospective cohort study.
- Rutgers University, Department of Nutritional Sciences, New Brunswick, NJ - collaborating with faculty to write a research proposal that will examine the effectiveness of a nutrition education intervention to increase and improve cancer-related nutrition knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors amongst low-income women in New Jersey enrolled in the Food Stamp Nutrition Education Program (FSNEP).