A BS Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in a related physical science is acceptable. Excellent verbal and written skills, problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills. 0-2 years prior experience is required.
Technical Support/Technical Service
- Run laboratory evaluation of Customers’ Tech Service Jobs.
- Select and recommend appropriate products for customers’ applications.
- Develop optimum operating parameters for Chemetall products.
- Provide technical advice to the sales force, field engineers and customers.
- Position requires lifting of 50+ pound containers.
- Requires use of band saw and drill press.
- Writes reports on lab results.
- Informs supervisor on project status.
- Maintains Technical Service Worksheet for each project.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Continuously upgrade technical skills by working in the laboratories and consulting with other technical personnel, staying abreast of technical developments in the field, reading technical journals and learning new methods of analysis.
- Attend training sessions and in-house seminars to keep current with new technologies.
- Polish written and verbal communication skills.
- Insure work area is maintained in a safe manner.
- Operate in the lab environment according to SHE policies and procedures
- Maintain laboratory equipment in peak operating condition in accordance with Chemetall’s quality system.
- Maintains work area according to Chemetall’s 5S program.
- Check inventory level sufficiency of supplies.
Reports directly to Team Leader, Technical Service and Analytical.