Welcome to the student skills improvement page, provided by Dr. Richard Franke. From here you can click to various materials Dr. Franke has prepared with the purpose of aiding students in learning better, easier, and faster. We hope you find them useful.
- The Anthropology Student's Guide to Better Grades Third edition. 1998. A 42-page booklet with suggestions about how to study more effectively, answer multiple choice and essay questions, and plan and write term papers.
- The Student Guide to AnthropoLOGICAL Thinking A 39-page booklet with suggestions on how to think about and critique anthropological research.
- The Research Paper -- A Guide to Its Structure Typical contents of a research paper and suggestions about how to draft each section. Includes a detailed list of suggestions on how to present data in tables to get the most effect from them.
- How to Cite Sources and Make a Bibliography in Anthropology How to cite and list books, journal articles, and chapters in edited collections. Where to look for other citation problems.
- How to Prepare a Resume for a Job or a CV for an Academic Application . An outline view of the main headings is provided with a link to a more detailed description of what you should put under each heading.
- Graduate School Questions and Answer Guide.
- Classroom Courtesy Suggestions. How to improve your classroom performance individually and contribute to a better classroom atmosphere for all.
Please note, the above materials are for Montclair State University students only:
- Montclair State University students may freely download, print, or use these materials.
- All others, please send an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting the right to download or print.
- These materials are covered under US copyright law and you may not pass them onto anyone else or sell them without Dr. Franke's permission.