Information for New Adjuncts
If being hired for the first time, all applicants must complete / submit the following documents:
** unless otherwise indicated all documents should be completed and brought to
Child Advocacy and Policy (1 Normal Avenue, Dickson Hall, Rm 301, Montclair, NJ 07043)
- Application and Qualification form
- Federal W4
- New Jersey W4
- I-9 (to be completed through MSU Human Resources)
- Two recommendations
- Updated resume/ CV
- Official Transcripts (to speed up processing; if you have unofficial please submit while awaiting official)
Please have transcripts mailed directly to:
Center for Child Advocacy
Montclair State University
1 Normal Avenue, Dickson Hall, Rm 301
Montclair, NJ 07043
- Direct deposit
- Pension Questionnaire
- Once the hiring process is completed HR will issue your Faculty Identification Number.
- The department administrator will email this information to you.
- You will then create a Log In to the Web for Faculty
- You will then need to set up your MSU Email/NetID.
|Grade Standards||Parking||Final Grades|
|Book Orders||Web For Faculty|
|Student Evaluations||Adjunct Faculty Observation|
Once your paperwork is completed, you can pick up a hang tag from the Montclair State University Parking Services Office at the front entrance to the Red Hawk Deck. You just need to give them your name and they will discuss the process of obtaining a parking permit. You can get information on parking services website, including the list of parking lots that are available for adjuncts.
Grades are to be submitted through Web for Faculty.
- Log into Web for faculty
- Place your pointer on Faculty button on the blue navigation bar at the top of the screen; then from the drop down list select Grade Courses. Select the term *****and click Submit.
- On the Select Course screen, there will be a drop-down window in the Course Title box where, if you click on the down arrow, you will see all of the courses that are assigned to you.
- Select the course you wish to grade, and then click Submit.
- The Grade Roster for your selected class list will appear.
- The following instructional message will appear at the top of each Grade Roster: Post all new grades in the boxes under the Final Grade column. To clear a previous grade entry under the Final Grade on Record column, enter an asterisk (*) in the Final Grade box. To change a previous grade that you entered and which now appears in the Final Grade on Record column, simply enter the new grade in the Final Grade box.
- WHEN FINISHED UPDATING, CLICK SUBMIT.
The date of the submission of the final grades will be posted in the course schedule booklet for the semester. If the grades are not submitted on time, the students' grade may change to an F in the course and the instructor will then be required to fill out a Grade Change Form (can be obtained from the Child Advocacy Department) for each student. The exact due date of grades each semester will be distributed by the department chair along with web grading instructions. You can view important semester dates on the Registrar's website.
MSU Email / Net ID
Setting up an e-mail account is the first step in using other net-based systems available to instructors, for example Blackboard, web pages, etc. In order to obtain an email address account, all paperwork must be given to the department. In turn, the department will submit the hiring paperwork to Human Resources who will review all documents for completeness. If all paperwork is in order, HR will process the appointee in the HRS system and they will issue a Campus Wide ID. This information will be sent to the department who will then forward to the Adjunct. Adjunct faculty can then establish their MSU Email/ NetID.
For On Campus courses: Student evaluations are distributed to the students in your class by the Center's Graduate Assistants. The GA assigned to your course will contact you via email and schedule a time to visit your classroom at the beginning of class. You will leave while the Evaluation is being administered and return once all completed evaluations are collected. At the end of the semester and once grades are submitted and finalized the evaluations will be shared with you.
For Online Courses: Evaluations are completed online in collaboration with CHSS Emerging and Instructional Technology. A link will be sent to you via email and you will be expected to inform your students and encourage them to complete the evaluation online reiterating that they are completely anonymous.
Adjunct Faculty Observation
Adjunct professors are observed in their teaching once a year, either by the chair of the department or a designated representative. You will be notified of the observation and asked for appropriate times for the observation. It is helpful if you provide an outline of the class to the observer prior to the scheduled observation.
You will be asked to submit your book order in a timely manner to the department administrator. You may be able to order desk copies or review materials for your personal use, depending on the policy of the publisher.