Prospective students must meet the minimum admissions criteria and submit the following for consideration:
- Completed and signed application for doctoral study;
- Personal essay describing the relevance of doctoral education in regards to personal and professional development;
- A statement discussing areas of potential research interest;
- Transcripts of undergraduate and graduate work (WES evaluation, if necessary); Preference for admission is given to applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- GRE scores ; TOEFL or IELTS scores if necessary; Preference is given to applicants with a combined Verbal and Quantitative GRE score of 1000 or above (on test taken prior to August 1, 2011), and 300 and above (on test taken after August 1, 2011).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, including at least two (2) from professional colleagues or college/university faculty who can attest to the candidate’s potential for advanced study and research;
- Essential Functions Form
- Application fee ($60).
Applications are available online at: http://www.montclair.edu/graduate/prospective/app.shtml
For complete information regarding the University admission requirements and the application process, please contact the Graduate School at (973) 655-5147 or website at: http://www.montclair.edu/graduate/.
The deadline for applications is February 15.
New students are only accepted in the Fall semester. Application materials are processed as they are received. The Graduate School recommends that you submit your application materials as far in advance as possible from the semester you plan to begin your studies to ensure a timely review of your application. The application process is open until the class is filled.