Montclair Book 2011 is a new program for the Montclair State community. Each year, a faculty advisory committee will select a book to be read by all incoming first-year students before they arrive. The goals of this new program are to -
• Provide a common intellectual experience.
• Engage in interdisciplinary dialogue and debate.
• Build community around a shared understanding of relevant issues.
• Celebrate the written word.
• Offer opportunities for students to reflect on their roles as readers and learners.
• Encourage campus-wide engagement with the book’s theme.
For our first ever selection, the Montclair Book Faculty Advisory Committee unanimously chose The Geography of Bliss, by Eric Weiner. Learn more