The Spanish Program announces scholarships in the spring and has an annual awards ceremony at the end of the semester to honor the recipients.
- TERESA DE ESCORIAZA SCHOLARSHIP: For students, preferably a sophomore, with a minimum of 12 credits in Spanish; financial need; participation in extracurricular activities or service to the community or demonstration of special honors.
- JO ANNE ENGELBERT SCHOLARSHIP: For students with a concentration in Translation; minimum GPA 2.75; minimum 3.00 GPA in Translation courses.
- JOHN AND EMMA HWANG SCHOLARSHIP: For students who attend the Montclair in Madrid summer program; academic achievement; financial need.
- OLIVIA YULE SCHOLARSHIP: For graduate students enrolled in the M.A. program; GPA of 3.5 in graduate courses; financial need.
- CONRAD J SCHMITT SCHOLARSHIP: Awarded to one Spanish major (full time prospective junior or senior), every year and in alternating years, one graduate student in Spanish. Preference for non-native speaking students who are studying foreign languages as their second language; academic achievement; minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; financial need.
- ELEANOR SALMON KEYSER SCHOLARSHIP: Academic achievement; Excellence in writing demonstrated in term papers, essays or creative writings in Spanish; service to the university and community.
- MARGARET B. HOLZ SCHOLARSHIP: For study abroad for an undergraduate major in a foreign language; good command of the language and good record in all language courses; overall 3.0 average in all college courses; must be accepted into a study abroad program.