The Normal Review is a student-run organization consisting of an appointed editorial board and publication staff. Through a voting process, the members partake in blind-readings of submissions, which will ultimately determine the pieces that will be published. Membership is not major-restricted and accepts students of all majors.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please attend one of our regular meetings (Tuesdays, 8:15pm) . As a first-time visitor, you will not be able to vote on submissions, but you are encouraged to engage in discussion.
*Please review our membership guidelines carefully, as they contain important information regarding member conduct.*
1. A member is defined as an individual who attends the required number of meetings and contributes to the publication of The Normal Review.
**Please note that a member is not someone who has contributed work to the magazine. All students are invited to submit to the publication. A member is an individual who assisted in the process of preparing the issue for publication.**
2. A member must be a student, undergraduate or graduate, at Montclair State University.
3. A member may not miss more than three (3) meetings in one semester. Five (5) consecutive absences will result in a loss of voting privileges. A new member will not receive voting status until their second meeting.
4. A member must review the organization's constitution and be familiar with its by-laws and regulations. A copy of the constitution is available upon request.
5. A member must register to be on the e-mail list, as e-mails include important information and updates regarding the magazine.
6. A member is expected to spread the word about the organization, introduce people to the publication, and help The Normal Review in re-establishing a literary publication, and tradition, on the Montclair State University campus.