- Who should attend the Commencement ceremony on January 14, 2018 at noon at NJPAC?
- This Graduate School ceremony is for all master’s and doctoral students who have completed their graduation requirements in August 2017 or will have completed them by the end of January 2018.
- I think I may be able to graduate in January 2018. What do I need to do?
- Please visit montclair.edu/registrar/graduation for more information about how to apply for graduation.
The deadline to apply for graduation is: October 15, 2017 for January 2018.
- Will the Commencement ceremony be live streamed?
- Yes, the Commencement ceremony will be webcast. Please check montclair.edu/commencement on the day of Commencement to view the event via the live link.
- What is the difference between Graduation and Commencement?
- Graduation and Commencement are frequently confused terms. Graduation means actually completing and fulfilling your degree requirements resulting in a diploma. Graduation is the technical obtainment of credits to receive a degree. Commencement is the symbolic ceremony marking the closing of your academic career where you receive commendation for your hard work. It is an opportunity for you, your family, friends and the Montclair State University community to celebrate your achievement.