This ceremony is for all bachelor’s students who will have completed their graduation requirements in May 2017. It will be held:
Thursday, May 25, 2017, at 9 a.m.
25 Lafayette Street
Newark, NJ 07102
Doors to Prudential Center open at 8 a.m. for guests.
It is anticipated that the ceremony will end at 12:30 p.m.
Tickets and Seating
Tickets are not required for the undergraduate Commencement ceremony at Prudential Center. Seating is general admission and will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Guests may enter through either of the following two entrances:
- Investors Bank Tower – corner of Mulberry and Edison Place
- Lafayette Street Entrance – opposite Lafayette Tower
Prudential Center is located in downtown Newark, just two blocks from Newark Penn Station, and is also connected to the Newark Broad Street Station by frequent, convenient bus and light-rail service.
The venue is easily accessible by car via major highways as well as via New Jersey Transit trains, PATH and Amtrak. For more information to plan your trip, please visit the Prudential Center website.
There are over 3,500 parking spaces located within two blocks of Prudential Center. Parking will be available for a fee at these numerous lots and garages in the immediate vicinity. Please visit the Prudential Center website for a detailed map and directions to these locations.
Food and beverages will be available at concession stands located in the arena. We strongly encourage your graduates to eat prior to arriving at Prudential Center as the concession stands are not accessible from the student line-up area. No outside food, beverages, coolers, bottles or cans may be brought into the arena.
Graduation and the celebratory Commencement ceremony are true milestones in each candidate’s life and that of his or her guests–excitement, joy and enthusiasm are expected and welcomed! However, we ask that all guests respect and preserve the importance and dignity of this formal occasion in a manner that allows all participants to enjoy the ceremony.
- Please silence electronic devices and refrain from the use of air horns or noisemakers.
- Take care with the placement of large signs, video cameras and other large items so that you do not block the view of others. Please note that balloons and selfie sticks are prohibited in the venue.
- We have many accomplishments to celebrate at Commencement–and that takes time. Please remain in the venue until all students have crossed the stage for recognition and the platform party has departed. If you anticipate that you cannot commit to the full three-and-a-half-hour ceremony, consider sharing in the moment by viewing our webcast from another location.
Joining Your Graduate
Please note that, at the conclusion of the ceremony, Prudential Center requests that all guests and participants vacate the building. Please arrange to meet your graduate at a parking lot, restaurant, public transportation hub or other location, as remaining in Prudential Center for socializing and photography will not be possible. If making restaurant reservations, note that the ceremony is expected to conclude around 12:30 p.m.
Share your pride in your graduate and engage in our social media. Follow us at #MontclairStateGrad