Graduate Degree Programs:
- MS in Biology (BIOL)
- MS Molecular Biology (MOBI)
- MS in Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences (MBCS)
- MS in Biology, Biological Science/Education Concentration (BISE)
- BS/MS in Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences, Graduate (MBBM)
- MS Biology, Ecology and Evolution Concentration (BIEE)
- MS in Biology, Physiology Concentration (BIPH)
- Molecular Biology Certificate (MOBI)
Academic Advising for Graduate Students:
A list of advisors is available, note that if the advisor for your program is not available, you may also consult one of the other advisors.
Graduate Thesis Research
Thesis and non-thesis options are available for most of our graduate degrees. We strongly encourage our students to complete thesis research. A masters thesis is an in-depth and original research project conducted during your graduate studies. Students generally conduct these projects over the course of several semesters under the guidance of a faculty advisor. All students should consider the "thesis option" because prospective employers and continuing programs (i.e. Ph.D.) are more interested in applicants with substantial research experience. Learn more about our graduate research within our department!
Graduate Student Support
There are a small number of Graduate Assistantships available each year. For more information, contact the department.