- Biology Faculty Advisors. (Your advisor can also be found on WESS) Most questions about degree programs can be answered by your faculty advisor.
- Center for Advising and Student Transitions
- Students in special programs (for example EOF or Health Careers) may have additional advisors within those programs.
General Education Requirements
The General Education Requirements can be very confusing, and can be very different among students in different programs or matriculation years. If this link does not answer your questions, please visit your faculty advisor for assistance.
Academic Dishonesty Policy
All students should be familiar with the university policies on academic dishonesty described in the Student Code of Conduct. The Department of Biology and Molecular Biology considers academic dishonesty a serious offense.
General Student Resources
- Schedule of Courses Book (Course Schedules, Deadlines, Etc.)
- Montclair State University Student Resources (Just about everything!)
- The Graduate School at Montclair State University
- Need a tutor? Free tutoring available at Center for Academic Development and Assessment (CADA).
- Spraque Library (Especially the section for searching scientific research articles)!
- Disabilities Resource Center If you have a documented disability we strongly encourage you to work with us and the DRC to get appropriate accommodations.
Biology Clubs and Activities
- Biology Club
- MAPS - Minority Association of Pre-Health Students
- Global Medical Brigade
Employment Opportunities and Information
The Department of Biology and Molecular Biology has several scholarships available annually. Applications are typically submitted in the spring semester and scholarships are awarded for the following fall semester. Details on those and other CSAM scholarships are available here.
Other MSU Sites of Interest
Other Scientific Sites of Interest
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (includes GenBank)
- Google Scholar
- Search for scientific research articles (often full text!)
- The Origin Of Species, 1st Edition. e-book.
- Darwin Digital Libraries http://darwin-online.org.uk/ http://darwinlibrary.amnh.org/
- Darwin Correspondence project http://www.darwinproject.ac.uk/
- Darwin Diary Audio book from BBC http://darwin-online.org.uk/BookoftheWeek.html
- Darwin Publications at Project Gutenberg http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/d
Some of the links on this web page are to third-party websites. MSU and CSAM are not responsible for third-party content or any results of visiting third-party websites.