A Master of Science degree in Chemistry provides a comprehensive understanding of the principles of chemistry and their applications. This understanding will be developed through a combination of course work, seminars, independent study and research. The MSU Graduate Program in Chemistry is designed with a built-in flexibility to help every student meet their career objective.
A Master of Science degree can provide a number of advantages over a chemist with a Bachelor of Science degree:
- The job entry level is higher.
- The starting pay is higher.
- There are more opportunities for advancement for those with greater knowledge and skills.
- Advanced work helps develop greater self-confidence.
- A sense of accomplishment can be derived from success in advanced work and the completion of a research project and thesis.