A Master of Science degree in Chemistry provides a comprehensive understanding of the principles of chemistry and their applications. This understanding will be developed through a combination of course work, seminars, independent study and research. The Montclair State Graduate Program in Chemistry is designed with built-in flexibility to help every student meet their career objective.
A Master of Science degree can provide a number of advantages over a chemist with a Bachelor of Science degree:
- The job entry level is higher.
- The starting pay is higher.
- There are more opportunities for advancement for those with greater knowledge and skills.
- Advanced work helps develop greater self-confidence.
- Research project and thesis that conveys your work and accomplishments.
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Combined Graduate (CHBM)
- MS in Chemistry (CHEM)
- MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration (CHBI)
- CRI in Chemistry, Instructional Certification: Teacher Certification in Chemistry, Preschool-Grade 12 (CHEM)
- MS in Pharmaceutical Biochemistry (PHBC)
- Teacher Certification, Science Grades 5-8 (ESSC)