5 Year Programs
Kick-Start Your Career with a five-year combined BS/MS program
With a combined program, up to 12 credits can be applied towards undergraduate and graduate degrees all at undergraduate tuition rates. In today’s competitive job market, an increasing number of employers prefer candidates with advanced degrees. The combined degree programs are an attractive, efficient and fast track option for students aiming for advanced studies in an increasingly competitive market.
Advantages of combined programs
- Accelerated time frame
- Lower cost
- Rapid advancement to research opportunities
- Attractive degree for employment
- Strong base for doctoral studies
The Combined Programs
- Chemistry (B.S./M.S.) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Chemistry Teaching (B.S./M.A.T.) - Chemistry Certification | Physical Science Certification
- Computer Science (B.S./M.S.) - Undergraduate
- Geoscience Teaching (B.S./M.A.T.) - Earth Science Certification
- Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences (B.S./M.S.) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Mathematics with Concentration in Statistics (B.S.)/Statistics (M.S.) - Undergraduate
- Mathematics (B.S.)/Mathematics, Pure and Applied Concentration (M.S.) - Undergraduate
- Mathematics (B.S.)/Statistics (M.S.) - Undergraduate
- Mathematics with a Concentration in Mathematics of Finance (B.S.)/Statistics (M.S.) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Nursing (B.S. from MSU) and (M.S. in Nursing from Seton Hall)
- Physics (B.S.) Mathematics, Pure and Applied Concentration (M.S.) - Undergraduate
- Sustainability Science (B.S./M.S.) - Undergraduate | Graduate
- Students must have earned 60 credits with a specified GPA (varies by program)
- The GRE is not required
How it works
- Applicants apply to the regular BS on their application for admission.
- You can indicate your interest in a five year program when assigned an academic advisor.
- At the completion of your junior year, you must have 90 credits completeted with a 3.0 or higher GPA in your major.
- Before completing your senior year you must submit your Graduate School application by the specified deadline with a cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA as well as meet the requirements for your graduate program.
- At the completition of your senior year, if you have completed your undergraduate requirements for graduation, you will be eligible to participate in the Convocation and Commencement exercises and receive your bachelor's degree.
- For more information contact Shari Ferguson-Murtha, firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-655-3328, College of Science and Mathematics Academic Advisor, Richardson Hall 267C