GK-12 Fellows Program
"Fellows in the MIDDLE"
GK-12 Fellows work with an interdisciplinary team to share innovative science and mathematics with middle school students. The project includes training activities, field trips, research projects, and classroom experiences.
The current Graduate Fellowship includes a $9,500 stipend and tuition waiver for participants in the following disciplines: Master's Research in Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Geoscience, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Sharpen communication skills
- Involvement in a prestigious National Science Foundation (NSF) Program
- Perform cutting-edge research with a MSU faculty mentor
- Present at regional and national conferences
- Change how science and math are taught in New Jersey middle schools
- Be a role model to middle school students (5 hours/week)
- Work with a team of experienced public school teachers
- Share your research with the middle school community
- Plan and experience science and math-related field trips