As a GK-12 Fellow, you will work with an interdisciplinary team to share innovative science and mathematics with middle school students. The project includes training activities, field trips, research projects, and classroom experiences.
Eligibility - Fellows
- must be citizens, nationals or permanent resident of the United States at the time of application (National Science Foundation requirement);
- must be full-time students in a CSAM master’s program while participating in the project;
- Must be master’s students in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Geoscience, Mathematics, or Statistics. (Those with an education concentration are not eligible)
- Those with a 3.5 GPA or higher in their undergraduate degree will be given priority.
- Improved communication, teamwork, and teaching skills for the Fellows
- Enhanced content knowledge for their teacher partners
- Improved science and mathematics achievement by middle school students
- A $9,500 stipend
- Full tuition waiver
Fellows must commit to participation in all training, research, assessment, and school-related activities starting in mid-May, 2014 through mid-June, 2015.