As a GK-12 Fellow, you will work with an interdisciplinary team to share innovative science and mathematics with middle school students. The project includes training activities, field trips, research projects, and classroom experiences.
Eligibility - Fellows
- must be citizens, nationals or permanent resident of the United States at the time of application (National Science Foundation requirement);
- must be full-time students in a CSAM master’s program while participating in the project;
- Must be master’s students in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Geoscience, Mathematics, or Statistics. (Those with an education concentration are not eligible)
- Those with a 3.5 GPA or higher in their undergraduate degree will be given priority.
- Improved communication, teamwork, and teaching skills for the Fellows
- Enhanced content knowledge for their teacher partners
- Improved science and mathematics achievement by middle school students
- A $9,500 stipend
- Full tuition waiver
Fellows must commit to participation in all training, research, assessment, and school-related activities starting in mid-May, 2014 through mid-June, 2015.
Deadline: Priority will be given to applications received by February 23, 2014. Interviews of selected applicants will be completed in early March.
Women, members of underrepresented minority groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.