There are four programs in this department:
- BS in Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences (MBCS)
- BS/MS in Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences, Undergraduate (MBBM)
- MS in Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences (MBCS)
- BS/MS in Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences, Graduate (MBBM)
The program objectives for the BS/MS in Marine Biology and Coastal Sciences are three-fold:
- Provide a well-defined, comprehensive knowledge of the disciplines associated with the coastal sciences and marine biology.
- Provide appropriate training for professional employment or as preparation for a doctoral program.
- Provide students with research experience that will include project development and implementation, data gathering, analysis and interpretation, and publication of results.